Would you support a zombie uprising?

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

When you dream...

One evening, my friend Francis and I were coming home from a long day out of town with our fellows. It was about two a.m. when we started the drive, and it was a two hour drive, so mostly his job was to keep me awake so we didn't crash and die.

This was several moons past, so I no longer recall the exact context of either of the following, so you will forgive me if I insert something comparably irrelevant. Please note that Francis is quite in the habit of stating things declaratively and argumentatively; it only makes it better.

Me: I always thought polecats were something like a large weasel.
Francis: Well, no, their feet are different.
Me: Different how?
Francis: A polecat's feet are kind of like... a compound fracture of the foot.

Pardon?

Turns out Francis had fallen asleep midsentence. Who knows what he was dreaming in between. It happened a couple more times on the drive, but none so dramatically as this:

Me: I like webcomics.
Francis: So, are you afraid that there will be too much peanut butter versus the jelly, or that the jelly is the wrong kind?

New goal in life: get Francis sleep deprived and semi-caffeinated more often, and have a tape recorder next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment