Would you support a zombie uprising?

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bob

Many moons ago, my friend Merlin and I were up in a tree having an argument. The argument went something like this:

Me: Fred!
Merlin: Derf!

After a few minutes without any sort of accord seeming possible, we began to ask passersby who came under the tree. Fred, or Derf? Mostly, we got the, 'Okay there are crazy people up in the tree, but this is a college campus, so they probably won't follow us if we look polite and walk away' shimmy.

At last, one young man looked up and said, "I don't know, but I'm Bob!"

It was summarily decided a) that Bob had won the argument, and b) that we should befriend this person immediately. So we did.

I later learned Bob's real name, which was neither Bob nor Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment