Would you support a zombie uprising?

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Blue Squirrel

One day, my friend Fizzgig and I were walking to class at our lovely PCU. Our route took us across a small, generally unoccupied but pleasant green space right next to the campus power plant. As we walked, I looked out across the park and saw a squirrel.

Many of you, dear readers, are probably familiar with the phenomenon that is college campus squirrels. They are generally the size of small cats, mean as angry badgers, and completely unafraid of humans. PCU's campus squirrels are no exception, so when I saw a squirrel, I paid slightly more attention to it than I might have walking around just about anywhere else.

As I looked at this particular squirrel, the only thing I could think was, "That squirrel is BLUE."

Maybe it's a trick of the light, I thought. I looked again: still blue. I pondered this for a moment, then turned to Fizzgig. "Hey, check out that squirrel."

He paused, looked, looked again, and then said, "That squirrel... is BLUE."

Dear readers. Somewhere out there, perhaps at this very moment, is a blue squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment