Would you support a zombie uprising?

Friday, July 2, 2010

Convenience Magic

General consensus has declared that I have begun to develop a series of low-level magic spells, mainly relating to convenience.

My most practiced 'spell' is that of waitstaff summoning. When I need something at a restaurant, all I have to do is look around briefly or put something on my table ajar, and suddenly a waitstaff will appear. Some folks are more resistant to the pull of the summons than others; the other day, Walrus and a few friends and I were out to lunch, and we needed a drink refill. Our waitress was on the other side of the restaurant, talking to someone. After a few minutes of summoning, the MANAGER appeared at our table and eagerly asked if there was anything he could get us, and proceeded to wait our table for the rest of the meal. Walrus' theory is that my summoning had nearly reached critical mass, and the manager came to forestall whatever consequences that might have had.

The other similarly useful conjuration is the ability to find a parking space. It has a decent chance of working within a block of where I want to be, a good chance of working within two, and a very good chance within three. Even on busy days, or nights when only half the street is parkable, or in really crowded places.

No comments:

Post a Comment