Would you support a zombie uprising?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Humorous Interlude: Dodging Phones

So, yesterday morning I was walking along the sidewalk not far from our house. Just like a perfectly normal walrus might do. As it happens, there's a section building which is presently under construction/repair/something, and is thus faced with scaffolding, which is built right over the sidewalk in question.
As I proceeded along, I heard a rattling noise, and was then narrowly missed by a falling object. Investigation proved it to be an older-model cell phone, apparently plummeting from the scaffolding.
I thus decided that either:

A. Someone wanted to murder me and had managed to climb up the side of a building but forgotten to bring any rocks OR
B. A construction worker just couldn't cope with the idea of one more bloody wireless bill,

In case it turned out to be A., I moved out from under the scaffolding. Once clear, I turned to look back up, and perhaps confirm either hypothesis. The scaffolding was deserted. This lead to hypothesis C:
C. Verizon will shortly be adding 'wormhole generation' to their monthly phone packages. (And yet, people will keep buying iPhones instead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment