Would you support a zombie uprising?

Monday, September 6, 2010

Flash Circus

Dear gods, has it really been over a month since I wrote here? I suppose it has. My apologies.

Well, tonight something truly spectacular- in every sense of the word- happened. Every Monday, it is my custom to go out and practice spinning poi. No, not taro root goop found in Hawai'ian cuisine, the fire-dancing implements that are essentially wicks on chains. I've only gotten to actually burn a few times, but I do go practice whenever possible.

Normally, the place where people I know gather to spin is at University Campus X. This is a good distance from my home, but easily accessible by train, so not too inconvenient. Tonight, on my way to University Campus X, I happened by the main square near my home, and saw, to my surprise, people spinning.

What's this, I thought, and looked closer. I saw the shining bald head of someone I knew. I needed to investigate further!

When I arrived, I saw what seemed to be the entire spin jam crammed into the square. One of my friends found me and told me this story:

Originally, there was to be a professional circus performing in the square tonight, but for some reason, they didn't show up. One of the spin jam folks happened to be part of the circus/organizing for the circus/in some way connected, and called one of the more prominent spin jam vets. The spin jam was promptly packed up from University Campus X and brought straight away to my home square. Instant circus!

Well, it's extremely convenient for me! And great fun, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment