Would you support a zombie uprising?

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Time Travel

An odd thing happened today. When I checked my Facebucket account, I discovered a friend request and message from a woman I've never met... maybe.

As many of you know, my Facebucket is under a name which is not mine; it was an experiment to see if it would work to change my name, and even though it has failed I haven't ever gotten around to changing it back. When combined with my own last name, it is very distinctive; even our Google Overlords (all hail) only know of one person by that name.

The message I received went something like this:

Bonjour! There can't possibly be two people by that name; are you the one I met in Paris in the early 1980s with a mania for punctuation?

Well, as I was born in the early 1980s, it seems to me that this could not be. But I do love both French and punctuation. So I wrote back to this woman, letting her know of the odd coincidence.

But really, what's in a name, or for that matter, a date? The Walrus theorized that, since there are no coincidences, I must have traveled back in time; I haven't met this woman yet- but I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment